Financial Recovery (FinancialRecovery.tech)
Financial Asset Recovery Company
Is Financial Recovery (FinancialRecovery.tech) Fake or Real?
Why Is Financial Recovery (FinancialRecovery.tech) Fake?
FinancialRecovery.tech is a website supposedly operated by a ‘financial asset recovery’ company with the generic name Financial Recovery. They apparently help victims of investment scams get their money back. The company even claims to recover cryptocurrency, something which is only possible by experienced cryptocurrency lawyers.
Financial Recovery has already figured on my list of scam websites while researching QuickRecoveryAdvocate. Therefore, there is little reason to believe it is a legitimate business. In this article, I will lay out all the reasons why Financial Recovery is not a trustworthy company.
Firstly, the content on the website is not original and there are several websites using the same content. The closest match to Financial Recovery is the website of BM Advisory (bm-advisory.com).
The testimonials on the website are also copied. The same ones can be found on the website of All Wealth Trails (allwealthtrail.com).
A domain name lookup of the website shows that it was registered on 14th June 2020. The registrant’s information such as name, location and contact details have been hidden for privacy. Though the website is just over 3 months old, the company claims that they have been in business since 2008. This seems to be a clear lie.
Financial Recovery has no social media presence. There are social media icons given in the website footer, but they are dummy icons that lead nowhere.
The contact details given on the website are a phone number, email ID and address. All the information seems to be fake as the phone number has no information on TrueCaller, the email ID does not work and the address is incomplete.
There are no customer reviews available for the company on websites such as Scamadviser and TrustPilot.
It seems quite obvious that Financial Recovery is a scam. The website is poorly made and contains content copied from other websites. The home page has fake testimonials and the company claims to be operating since 2008, even though the domain name was registered in June 2020. The social media links given on the website don’t work and all the contact details seem to be fake. It is advisable to avoid working with Financial Recovery as it does not seem to be a genuine business.
Remember: If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
If you have been a victim of an investment scam, you can take the following steps:
- File a complaint with the payment portal. However, investment scammers mostly use methods such as Bitcoin, Western Union, MoneyGram and other untraceable methods which make refunds impossible.
- File a formal police complaint with the Cybercrime department.
- Leave a negative review on review portals such as Scamadviser and TrustPilot
- Report the website to Google using the Suspicious Site Reporter extension for Chrome
- Give a low rating to the website on Web of Trust. You can also install their extension for the same.
- If the company has a listing on Google My Business or Google Maps, file a complaint using the Business Redressal Complaint Form. Also, leave a negative review explaining what kind of experience you had.
Disclaimer: This review is intended for information only and should not be relied on when making financial or business decisions. If you are a website owner and would like to provide clarifications regarding your business and/or website, please get in touch using the Contact Form.