Online Data Entry Job Provider
Is ResumeFilling.com Fake or Real?
Why is ResumeFilling Fake?
ResumeFilling is a website that claims to provide data-entry jobs wherein the workers have to fill in resumes. The website is of extremely low-quality as it contains nonsensical text that talks about things that have nothing to do with the company. Upon inspection, I found that the text is copied and is being used by at least 8 websites. It is likely that it is simply placeholder text from the template that has been left unchanged. The list of websites is given at the end of the article.
A domain name lookup of the website shows that it was registered on 15th January 2020 in Surat, Gujarat. The registrant’s name is given as Abhay Sarda, along with the phone number +91 8866432102 and the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The phone number shows up as ‘Service Provider (Form Filling Dhruv)’ on TrueCaller.
The website contains almost no information about the company as the same text from the home page is repeated on the inside pages. There are no names mentioned of any team members. The website shows some payment proofs that cannot be verified and could easily be fake.
There is a Refund & Cancellation Policy page on the website which states in big, red letters that payments will not be refunded under any circumstances. This suggests that ResumeFilling is asking for payments from workers before they can start earning. This is a suspicious sign as real companies never ask for payments from employees or freelancers for any reason.
ResumeFilling does not seem to have a social media presence on any platform. The contact details provided are an email ID, address and three phone numbers. The email ID was working when tested. All three phone numbers are marked as fraud on TrueCaller, with a combined 121 spam reports. The address provided seems to be fake as it is being used by another company too.
There are numerous reviews available for ResumeFilling on sites such as Scamadviser, Consumer Complaints India and India Consumer Forum. The reviews are overwhelmingly negative and reveal a modus operandi similar to Typing Work and BPO Projects India, which is as follows:
- Target job-seekers through job portals and classified websites
- Promise large payments for simple part-time work
- Once the worker agrees, dump an impossible amount of work with an unrealistic timeline
- If the worker completes the work, ResumeFilling claims that the accuracy level is low. Then they threaten the worker that they need to pay ₹6,500 + GST for failing to complete the work or face legal action
- If any worker refuses to complete the work, they too are threatened with legal action unless they pay the fine of ₹6,500 + GST
The reviews show that ResumeFilling is using many different mobile numbers and names to carry out this scam.
Below is a copy of the threatening mail and SMS that is sent out to their workers. These threats are completely fake and they cannot really take any such legal action.
It seems quite obvious that ResumeFilling is a scam. The website is poorly-made and contains random text which is unrelated to the company’s services. There is no information given about the company and the management. The website is less than a year old and claims to be located in Surat, Gujarat. However, the company address provided seems to be fake as it is also used by another company. The phone numbers provided are all marked as frauds on TrueCaller. The reviews reveal that ResumeFilling is using several different phone numbers and employee names. They are also operating under the name of FreelancerForms, as a person who signed up on ResumeFilling received messages from the name of FreelancerForms.
The reviews also expose that the company scams workers by promising that they can earn as much as a full-time job by just working 3 hours a day. When a job-seeker signs up with them, an impossible amount of work is given to be completed within the stipulated timeline. Even if workers work 9 hours a day and complete the given work, they are refused payments citing a ‘low accuracy level’. They are then threatened to pay a fine of ₹6,500 + GST or face legal action for causing damage to the company.
It is advisable to avoid signing up to work with ResumeFilling, as it does not seem to be a genuine company.
Watch the below video by Karl Rock on YouTube showing this kind of scam in action:
List of websites using the same content as ResumeFilling:
How to Get Your Money Back from a Scam
Remember: If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
If you have been a victim of an employment scam, you can take the following steps:
- Lodge a complaint at the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
- Lodge a complaint with PayTM on Twitter, Customer Care or through the app, UPI app such as Google Pay or the Bank with which the company has an account.
- Report the website to Google using the Suspicious Site Reporter extension for Chrome
- Give a low rating to the website on Web of Trust. You can also install their extension for the same.
- File a complaint with the Indian Consumer Complaints Forum
- Write a review on websites such as MouthShut, Scamadviser and TrustPilot.
- Block all numbers of the scammers on TrueCaller, mentioning the words Fake, Fraud or Scam in the name.
- If the company has a listing on Google My Business or Google Maps, file a complaint using the Business Redressal Complaint Form. Also, leave a negative review explaining what kind of experience you had.
Disclaimer: This review is intended for information only and should not be relied on when making financial or business decisions. If you are a website owner and would like to provide clarifications regarding your business and/or website, please get in touch using the Contact Form.
1 thought on “ResumeFilling.com | Fake or Real?”
Pingback: Resumetofill.com | Fake or Real? » Fake Website Buster